A vacancy for a stained glass conservator/glazier has arisen at Holy Well Glass, Somerset.
The successful applicant will be responsible for working on a wide variety of high profile historic and architectural glass as a member of a busy team. You will work on the examination and full treatment of stained glass panels and related artefacts, including woos and metals, and have an awareness of safe handling and storage. A wider understanding of the ethics and philosophy of conservation is beneficial. The post involves working on site during installation and removal periods, and working at height on scaffold. A full driving license is beneficial.
- Practical experience in the field.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and work to deadlines.
- An enquiring mind and the ability to problem solve.
- A good understanding of materials and be practically minded.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, a team player with good communication skills.
- A desire to learn and grow professionally and share your skills with others.
- Flexibility when overtime is required.
A full time/ permanent post. Salary will be based on experience. If you are invited to interview you will also be asked to come and spend two informal days with the team, at your convenience, so that we can get to know you. Accommodation costs will be covered.
Please send a full CV to the address below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be acknowledged and if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the workshop manager, Sarah Knighton on 01749 671061.